Saturday, July 28, 2012

Barnhouse 2012 Event



Today Jay and I took some time off from the House to go shopping and be inspired. We had never been to the annual Barn House event in Battleground, Washington. It was worth the drive! Visit their website for more info and pics. www.barnhousebh.com/


We had not really intended to start shopping yet for the new house since we just moved yesterday. But when the right pieces come along you have to go for it. There is nothing I like better than finding a repurposed vintage piece at a great price. After selling most of our furniture and all of our kitchen and dining room chairs we were in the market for chairs. There were several great choices but we settled on 4 slipcovered linen chairs. The chairs underneath are not great looking but were an Italian well made older parson chairs and very comfortable. Which is more than I can say about the very expensive Thomasville chairs we just got rid of. The seller Laurie of Worthy Goods made the washable linen slipcovers herself and I bought them before Jay even saw them. Fortunately he agreed they are a great look and comfy. Visit http://www.worthygoods.blogspot.com/

I couldn't help myself for $20 I could not pass up this huge hand painted vintage table lamp. With the right shade I think this lamp will make a statement. I think you either love it or hate it ... and I Love It. Well time to go back to work on the house.






.

No comments:

Post a Comment