Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hardwood floors in and finished....banned from the house for 3 days


Anyone who knows me knows I am not a super patient person. This whole process is wearing very thin.  But just getting to press my face to the window and look inside at what is taking shape has lifted my spirits. Mark Chambers has refinished existing wood floors and added new hardwoods to the kitchen. Can't go inside for three days while stain and then finish cures. It looks outstanding. Can't tell the old from the new. I love what I now refer to as the goldilocks finish. Nutmeg was too light & gold and Provencial was too dark & brown...but half of each was just right! Mark says its the "Michele finish" but probably really calls it the "Michele Pain in the Butt" finish. And so I post a picture of all three on his crew and their butts.



No comments:

Post a Comment